Mother’s Day and I woke to:
- Husband up and dressed with The Boy (he dressed my son in a kilt, no less) while Sophie and I slept in
- Breakfast, coffee, and the paper
- Huge banner in living room: “Happy Mother’s Day!”
- Ralph spent the morning before I woke up coaching Nels to say, “I love you, Mama!”
- Flowers and homemade card, with a sweet (and private) missive inside
- Mother’s Day dinner potluck at Chetzemoka Park
- 3rd annual Mother’s Day “booze-‘n’-schmooze” at the Manresa Castle with eight girlfriends
For my part, I worked like a madwoman on a sewing job which almost made me a nervous wreck. Perhaps the best thing my husband did for me Sunday was to maintain his good humor even as I engaged in obsessive behavior (I prefer the term “goal-oriented”).
Thank you, sweet family of mine.