Hello and – how are you faring in the heat (Northern Hemisphere peeps)? We had a great time last month sewing a hoodie. This month we are making trousers!
So listen – this sew-along separates the wheat from the chaff. The women from the girls. The homies from the squares! It isn’t so much that this project is difficult, it is just rather detail-oriented! The good news is, we will gain experience in some great techniques: a lapped zip fly, faced front pockets, welt back pockets, and a waistband with belt loops.
C’mon – it’ll be fun!
The pattern we are using for the sew-along is the Chinos pattern from Wardrobe by Me. This is a men’s cut pattern with the following size range:
waist: 32″ to 41″
hip: 35″ to 44″
And for the month of August, pattern designer Christina has offered a discount code for $2 off the pattern; just use Chino19 in checkout!
You can sign up for this livestream videos on Facebook, if you want a reminder and updates!
A reminder that for all sew-alongs in my Seams Legit series you need:
1. a machine with its manual; the machine needs to be tuned-up and sewing a balanced zig-zag
2. the supplies listed in the pattern, as well as a thorough read-through of the pattern you use
This sew-along will take place in three installments:
1. August 2nd, 2019: cutting, interfacing, & marking [ video here ]
2. August 16th, 2019: front and back pockets, plus zip fly
3. August 30th, 2019: pant construction & finishing
Rotary cutter and mat; marking tools & tracing medium
Sewing machine with balanced zig zag; sewing machine manual
Thread and machine needle: universal or sharp
Bottomweight fabric such as linen, suiting, twill, or cotton
Pocket lining fabric, preferably cotton
Non-stretch interfacing (1 yard)
So here’s what you need to do:
1. read through this post, & purchase your pattern & supplies
2. pre-treat your fabrics